Download Finding Aid (172 KB)
1962-1968, 1975-1979, 1981-1985, 1988-1990, 1992-1994, 1997-2006, 2016
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
The York General Hospital Auxiliary was organized in 1956 in Rock Hill, South Carolina as a community mission project of Oakland Avenue Presbyterian Church of Rock Hill, SC. In 1958 the auxiliary joined the American Hospital Association and the South Carolina Hospital Association. The auxiliary was a volunteer group that tried to promote and advance the welfare of the York General Hospital, the American Hospital Association, the South Carolina Hospital Association, and associations throughout the state and country. In 1983, the auxiliary moved along with York General Hospital to Piedmont Medical Center. The Piedmont Medical Center Auxiliary continued the work that was done in the past while introducing more volunteers to experiences at Piedmont Medical Center.
Scope and Content Note
The Piedmont Medical Center Auxiliary Records consist of handbooks, newsletters, newspaper clippings, photographs, and scrapbooks relating to the activities and duties of the York General Hospital Auxiliary and Piedmont Medical Center Auxiliary volunteer groups.
The records of the York General Hospital/Piedmont Medical Center Auxiliary were deposited with the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections by the Piedmont Medical Center Auxiliary President Mr. Phil Pearson via Susan Malette, Piedmont Medical Center Volunteer Coordinator on August 16, 2016.
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "Piedmont Medical Center Auxiliary Records - Accession 1559". Finding Aid 741.
LC Subject Headings
Piedmont Medical Center (Rock Hill, S.C.)--Archives; York General Hospital (Rock Hill, S.C.); Volunteer workers in hospitals--South Carolina--Rock Hill