Oakland Park Research Collection - Accession 1088 - M498 (549)
Accession 1088 - M498 (549)
1995, 1996, nd
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Scope and Content Note
This collection consists of several articles about Rock Hill, SC in the 1890s that discusses Oakland Park by Louise Pettus and an article and research about Oakland Park by Paul Gettys. Oakland Park was designed by Joseph Forsyth Johnson and was located on Oakland Avenue where Winthrop University is today. The land that comprised the park was given to Winthrop as incentive to move to Rock Hill, SC from Columbia, SC in 1895.
The collection was compiled by Gina White, Director of Archives, from articles given to her by Paul Gettys and Louise Pettus and research done by Archives Student Assistant, Morgan Rodgers.
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "Oakland Park Research Collection - Accession 1088 - M498 (549)". Finding Aid 716.