Manuscript Collection

Files

Download

Download Finding Aid (222 KB)

Identifier

Accession 946

Inclusive Dates

1956-2008

Restrictions

Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections

Collection Size

1000 pieces, .50 linear feet

Language

English;

Historical Note

The Allegro Music Club of Rock Hill was founded in August, 1950 as a music club for women. A committee composed of members of the Rock Hill Music Club formed the club with 11 members. The Allegro club joined the S.C. Federation of Music Clubs in 1951.

Scope and Content Note

The Allegro Music Club of Rock Hill Records consists of constitutions, meeting minutes, correspondence, yearbooks, magazines, financial records and other records related to the activities and operation of the club. The Allegro Music Club of Rock Hill was founded in August, 1950 as a music club for women. A committee composed of members of the Rock Hill Music Club formed the club with 11 members. The Allegro club joined the S.C. Federation of Music Clubs in 1951.

Provenance

The Allegro Music Club of Rock Hill Records were donated to the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collection at Winthrop University by Marjorie Hood on September 5, 1997, July 12, 2001, and July 16, 2001. Another addition was donated by Jackie Hood McFadden on June 4, 2013.

Copyright

For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.

Allegro Music Club Rock Hill Records - Accession 946

Share

COinS