Download Finding Aid (281 KB)
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
5,500 pieces, 3.00 linear feet
The Allegro Music Club of Rock Hill was founded in August, 1950 as a music club for women. A committee composed of members of the Rock Hill Music Club formed the club with 11 members. The Allegro club joined the S.C. Federation of Music Clubs in 1951.
Scope and Content Note
The Allegro Music Club of Rock Hill Records consist of a history, constitutions, minutes, yearbooks, correspondence, rating sheets, financial records, program notes, newspaper clippings, and awards of merit, relating to the history and activities of the local women’s music club which was founded in 1950.
The Allegro Music Club of Rock Hill was deposited on February 2, 1978 via Marjorie Hood and Mrs. Isabelle Brown, club members. Additions have been made several times over the ensuing years.
Rock Hill SC Clubs, Music Clubs, Music Appreciation, Women's History, Local History, South Carolina Federation of Music Clubs
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "Allegro Music Club of Rock Hill Records - Accession 164". Finding Aid 268.