Download Finding Aid (344 KB)
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
2000 pieces, 1.0 linear feet
The Upper South Carolina Branch of the Women’s Auxiliary was formed at the same time as the Upper Diocese of South Carolina in October, 1922. In 1958 the name was changed to the Episcopal Church Women of the Diocese of Upper South Carolina. It functions as a Christian humanitarian organization in support of the Church and the betterment of society.
Scope and Content Note
This collection includes the basic Handbook of Information pertaining to Episcopal Churchwomen of the Diocese of Upper South Carolina. A directory of women’s names involved in the organization, branch names and offices held is also included. National Council and description of the ECW duties in outline format are available as well. There are listings of the Annual Conventions, Meeting Minutes from a variety of areas and time periods as well as Districts are carefully placed in chronological order for easy access. The ECW collection contains news articles from The State Paper. An address listing is also included in the series. There is a listing of Annual Meetings by date in chronological order; including minutes, district, minutes, district, and board meeting agendas.
The Episcopal Churchwomen of Upper South Carolina Records were donated by Sara Eastman on February 21, 1983.
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "Episcopal Churchwomen Of Upper South Carolina Records- Accession 563". Finding Aid 1106.