Image Approximate Date
W427.2-1 - Dacus Library
In 1969, the Ida Jane Dacus Library was built and replaced the Carnegie Library (now known as Rutledge Hall). The library was named after Ida Jane Dacus who was the first professionally trained librarian in the state, the official Winthrop Librarian from 1902 to 1945, and an 1898 alumna.
This photograph is Dacus Library from across Oakland Avenue in February 1992.
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Information concerning copyright must be secured in writing from the Director of the Louise Pettus Archives.
Chronologies and Timelines
A Winthrop University Chronology (1823 - present)