Manuscript Collection

Bethesda Presbyterian Church Binder - Accession 1699

Title

Bethesda Presbyterian Church Binder - Accession 1699

Files

Identifier

Accession 1699

Inclusive Dates

1933-1935, 1946-1954, 1960, nd

Restrictions

Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections

Collection Size

1 bound volume

Language

English;

Historical Note

Bethesda Presbyterian Church was founded in 1769 by Rev. William Richardson, but can trace its roots to the region of York County known as Bethesda that became a preaching station in 1760.

Scope and Content Note

The collection consists of a ledger containing records related to the Bethesda Presbyterian Church. The ledger contains histories of the church and of its congregation. Also, included are photographs, programs, newspaper articles, and a complete run of the church newsletter, Onward and Upward, from April 1946 through June 1953. Of particular interest are several photographs, programs, and records related to the building of an educational building completed in 1949. Bethesda Presbyterian Church was founded in 1769 by Rev. William Richardson, but can trace its roots to the region of York County known as Bethesda that became a preaching station in 1760.

Provenance

The Bethesda Presbyterian Church Binder was donated to the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections by the York County Library on August 8, 2019.

Copyright

For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.

Bethesda Presbyterian Church Binder - Accession 1699

Share

COinS