Bethesda Presbyterian Church Cemetery Directory - Accession 885 - M400 (451)
Accession 885 - M400 (451)
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Scope and Content Note
This collection consists of a publication titled Cemetery Directory of Bethesda Presbyterian Church 1769-1994: Honoring 225 Years in His Service compiled by Dr. Robert H. Walker. The cemetery directory includes a history of the Bethesda Presbyterian Church and the Bethesda community, maps and an explanation on how to use the directory, alphabetically arranged lists of gravestones by surname which includes location number, birth and death dates, veteran of a war and any addition information found on the stone. Bethesda, a community in southern York County, SC, became a preaching station in 1760 and Rev. William Richardson organized Bethesda Presbyterian church around 1769. The current church was built in 1820 and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.
The Bethesda Presbyterian Church Cemetery Directory was deposit in the Archives on September 11, 1995 by Robert H. Walker.
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "Bethesda Presbyterian Church Cemetery Directory - Accession 885 - M400 (451)". Finding Aid 615.
LC Subject Headings
Bethesda Presbyterian Church (York County, S.C.); Registers of births, etc.--South Carolina--York County; Cemeteries--South Carolina--York County; York County (S.C.)--Genealogy