J T. Bigham
The collection consists of individual issues of The Lantern a newspaper printed in Chester, South Carolina from 1897 until 1913. The editor was J. T. Bigham. This issue, scanned from microfilm, is date December 23, 1904 (volume VIII, number 23)
The Lantern was a semi-weekly, Independent Democrat newspaper published in Chester, S.C. It was established in 1897 and ceased publication in 1913. The first editor and propietor was J. T. Bigham. Also associated with the paper was W.F. Caldwell, T. Dana Jones, J. Otis Hull, C.N. Wrenshaw, J. E. Nunnery, S. L. Cassells and W. Ward Pegram. The successor to the Lantern was the Semi-Weekly News although it started a new number sequence. In 1917 it was re-named The Chester News.
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.