Image Approximate Date
Carnegie Library moving to its new location across Oakland Avenue in 1969. The new Ida Jane Dacus Library building was built in 1969 and was named after the first professionally trained librarian in the state of South Carolina, 1899 Winthrop alumnae and the first Winthrop Librarian, Ida Jane Dacus. Carnegie Library at this time was renamed Rutledge Hall
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Winthrop University Photograph Collection. Carnegie Library/Rutledge Hall
Research access unrestricted. Information on literary rights are available in repository For additional information, including availability of higher resolution copies, please contact the Winthrop University Archives and Special Collections, (803) 323-2334.
Digitized images made possible through the generous grants of the Clarence H. and Anna E. Lutz Foundation, the Knapp Foundation, and Louise Pettus.