Document Type

Article

Publication Date

Fall 11-15-2013

Abstract

  • The grant will focus primarily on the construction of Tillman Hall, which was completed immediately prior to Winthrop’s October 15, 1895, opening exercises.
  • The Richardsonian Romanesque-style building was conceived as a spectacular structure signifying the progressive purposes of South Carolina’s first state-supported college for women.
  • The $1,409 planning grant will assist Winthrop staff and faculty in determining the feasibility of a documentary featuring this National Register of Historical Places property.

Share

COinS