- Four members of the Metropolitan Opera Company will preform scenes from operas at Winthrop College on January 31st at 8pm.
- This will be the fifth concert of the 1946-47 Winthrop Artists Course Series.
- Scenes to be preformed are as follows:
- La Traviata, Act II by Verdi
- Samson and Dalia, Act II by Saint-Saens
- The Barber of Seville, Act I by Rossini
- Manon, Act II by Jules Massenet
- Boris Godounoff, Act III by Moussorgsky
- The Merry Wives of Windsor, Act I by Nicolai
- Martha by Flotow
Winthrop News Service, "Metropolitan Opera Company Jan. 23, 1947" (1947). Winthrop News 1947. 62.
The Winthrop News Service was founded in the fall of 1946.