- Jean Crouch of Elko, SC, a senior at Winthrop College, was selected for Who's Who among students in American colleges and universities.
- Miss Crouch - a commerce major - has appeared on this distinguished list three times.
- Miss Crouch is president of the senior class, a member of Senior Order, and a member of the Senate - Winthrop's student lawmaking body.
Other students named for Who's Who:
- Marian Baker of Pageland
- Hilda Brockman of Spartanburg
- Jean Carson Brown of Charlotte, NC
- Helen McRae Hicklin of Richburg
- Mary Lay Ewing of Augusta, GA
- Peggy Ann Funderburk of Florence
- Jean Graham of Florence
- Mary Jean Hance of Lancaster
- Linnie Hynds of Sumter
- Mary Ellen Jackson of Florence
- Margaret Todd Johnson of Clinton
- Whitney Lawrence of Anderson
- Rachel McMaster of Winnsboro
- Billye Reddic of Augusta, GA
- Mary Stanley of Kingstree
- Mary Staples of Georgetown
- Bette Stribling of Eatonton, GA
Winthrop News Service, "Jean Crouch of Elko Jan. 8, 1947" (1947). Winthrop News 1947. 26.