- Jean Carson Brown, senior at Winthrop College, was selected for Who's Who among students in American colleges and universities.
- Miss Brown was active in campus affairs, serving as president of the campus poetry club, president of the writer's club, and editor of the Journal.
- Other students selected for Who's Who include:
- Marian Baker of Pageland
- Hilda Brockman of Spartanburg
- Helen McRae Hicklin of Richburg
- Jean Crouch of Elko
- Mary Lay Ewing of Augusta, GA
- Peggy Ann Funderburk of Florence
- Jean Graham of Florence
- Mary Jean Hance of Lancaster
- Linnie Hynds of Sumter
- Mary Ellen Jackson of Florence
- Margaret Todd Johnson of Clinton
- Whitney Lawrence of Anderson
- Rachel McMaster of Winnsboro
- Billye Reddic of Augusta, GA
- Mary Stanley of Kingstree
- Mary Staples of Georgetown
- Bette Stribling of Eatonton, GA
Winthrop News Service, "Jean Carson Brown of Charlotte NC Jan. 8, 1947" (1947). Winthrop News 1947. 25.