Image Approximate Date
Bancroft Hall, 1944. During World War II, Winthrop served as a host to the Army Air Corps Cadet Training Program. Bancroft served as headquarters for the program and provided living quarters for the cadets. The building was known as Fort Bancroft.
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Winthrop University Photograph Collection. Bancroft Hall
Research access unrestricted. Information on literary rights are available in repository.Information concerning copyright must be secured in writing from the Director of the Louise Pettus Archives.
Digitized images made possible through the generous grants of the Clarence H. and Anna E. Lutz Foundation and the Knapp Foundation For additional information, including availabilty of higher resolution copies, please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University, (803) 323-2334
Bancroft Hall / 1909