Download Full Text (163 KB)
1886-1900, 1913-1968, 1981-1983, 1991, 2012
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Scope and Content Note
This series consists of records produced by and for the Winthrop Training School. Winthrop Training School building (now called Withers) was constructed in 1912 to house the practice school and was created by Winthrop for teacher training and operated as a K-10, K-11, or K-12 until 1965 and the elementary school part of the school closed in 1968. Previously a classroom in Tillman had been used for this purpose. This facility was outgrown by the 1960’s and student teachers were assigned practicums at schools across the region.
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Winthrop Training School, "W430-000-01 - Winthrop Training School: Subject File" (2016). University Archives Finding Aids. 608.