Image Approximate Date
The President's House on the corner of Stewart Avenue (formerly Aiken Avenue) and Oakland Avenue around 1899 before the house was completely stripped of its Victorian elements and moved back 50 feet in 1917
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Winthrop University Photograph collection: Presidents House
"For additional information, including availability of higher resolution copies, please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, (803)323-2334. Digitized images made possible through the generous grants of the Clarence H. and Anna E. Lutz Foundation, the Knapp Foundation, and Louise Pettus."
President's House / 1890
James Pinkney Kinard, Jean Crouch Thurmond, Winthrop University, Kindard Hall, Winthrop College, the South Carolina School for Women, South Carolina Industrial College, Winthrop Training School for Women