Image Approximate Date
W427.2-1 - Farm
In 1958, construction was completed on the man-made Winthrop Lake and was opened to students. The Winthrop Lake is located on what was aworking farm supplying Winthrop College with fresh food and produce from the 1890s to 1960s. The Farm is now the location of Winthrop's Athletic Complex and is used for student recreation.
This undated photograph is of the Winthrop Lake with The Shack in the background.
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Information concerning copyright must be secured in writing from the Director of the Louise Pettus Archives.
Chronologies and Timelines
A Winthrop University Chronology (1823 - present)