Image Approximate Date
W427.2-1 - Shack
In 1932, the Winthrop Shack was built at the Winthrop Farm. It would be relocated to its' current location in August 1960 after the Winthrop Lake was built. Later the Shack would be updated and used for student gatherings and meetings. The Shack would also be the location of a couple concerts including Hootie and the Blowfish in August 1993.
This photograph is of the Shack before it was relocated around 1954.
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Information concerning copyright must be secured in writing from the Director of the Louise Pettus Archives.
Chronologies and Timelines
A Winthrop University Chronology (1823 - present)