Image Approximate Date
W427.2-1 - Campus Scenes: Aerial Views
In 1925, Winthrop became the second largest women’s college in the U.S.
This image is of an aerial view of Winthrop's Campus in the late 1920s. The buildings from left to right are: Power House (with smokestack), McBryde Hall (between Power House and Main Building), Main Building (Tillman), Peabody Gymnasium (background next to Athletic Field), North Dormitory (Margaret Nance), Crawford Infirmary (attached in background to North Dormitory), Bancroft Hall, and a corner of Tillman Science Building.
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Information concerning copyright must be secured in writing from the Director of the Louise Pettus Archives.
Chronologies and Timelines
A Winthrop University Chronology (1823 - present)