Image Approximate Date
W427.2-1 - Breazeale Hall
In 1924, construction was completed on Breazeale Hall. Breazeale was built to accommodate the rapidly increasing student body during the prosperous 1920s. The building was named after John E. Breazeale who was a SC State Representative and a long tenured Winthrop Board of Trustee (1891-1926). Breazeale Hall was razed in 2004.
This photograph is of the back campus side of Breazeale Hall in the 1950s.
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Information concerning copyright must be secured in writing from the Director of the Louise Pettus Archives.
Chronologies and Timelines
A Winthrop University Chronology (1823 - present)