Image Approximate Date
1927 January 10
Accession 162 - Johnson Family Papers
In 1920, Winthrop's official name changed from Winthrop Normal and Industrial College to Winthrop College, the South Carolina College for Women.
This image is of a letter with letterhead demonstrating Winthrop's name change. The letter was from Political Science Professor William Burgin to Winthrop President, Dr. David Bancroft Johnson on January 10, 1927.
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Information concerning copyright must be secured in writing from the Director of the Louise Pettus Archives.
Chronologies and Timelines
A Winthrop University Chronology (1823 - present)