Image Approximate Date
W403-6F-1 - Office of the President: Charles Vail Subject File
In 1974, Winthrop's official name was changed to Winthrop College from Winthrop College: The South Carolina College for Women after becoming fully coeducational in 1974.
This image is of Winthrop President Charles Vail's letterhead from 1979 with Winthrop's new logo.
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Information concerning copyright must be secured in writing from the Director of the Louise Pettus Archives.
Chronologies and Timelines
A Winthrop University Chronology (1823 - present)