The Macfeat Nursery was built alongside Thurmond building in 1939 as part of the home economics department of Winthrop College. Winthrop’s nursery school was originally housed in Tillman science building until it moved to the specifically constructed and modified Macfeat building. The Macfeat Nursery was used for teacher training and the study of pre-school behavior. The setting of the nursery allowed for intensive work with children and experimental training techniques. In 1986 the preschool and kindergarten programs were relocated to Withers/W.T.S. Building. Also in 1986 the Macfeat Nursery was renovated into the Academic Computing Center (ACC lab) costing the school $100,000. In recent years the building has been converted into a reception area for the Vivian Moore Carroll Hall and since the fall of 2009 has been used as a faculty/staff dining venue.
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.