Margaret Nance Hall, built in 1896, was known as the Dormitory until 1901 when the South Dormitory (McLaurin Hall) was built. It was then referred to as the North Dormitory until 1925 when it was renamed Margaret Nance in honor of Margaret White Johnson Nance [1838-1903]. Mrs. Nance was the mother of Winthrop founder and first president David Bancroft Johnson.
Printing is not supported at the primary Gallery Thumbnail page. Please first navigate to a specific Image before printing.