Rock Hill History in Charleston News and Courier - Accession 1029 - M456 (507)
Accession 1029 - M456 (507)
June 7, 1890
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Scope and Content Note
This collection consists of a section of the Charleston News & Courier of June 7, 1890 that contains several pages of advertisements for Rock Hill, SC titled, “The Resources of Rock Hill” a thriving Carolina town. The paper includes a history of the town and several biographies, illustrations, and sketches of the town founders, businesses, and other Rock Hill buildings. The paper includes illustrations of: J. M Cherry; R. T. Fewell; F. H. London; David Hutchinson; Hon. W. B. Wilson, Jr.; F. O. London; Iredell Jones; John T. Roddey; J. R. London; Capt. A. E. Hutchinson; W. J. Roddey; John R. Allen; Capt. W. L. Roddey; J. B. Johnson; W. M. Frew; L. M. Davis; Capt. W. L. Roddey Residence; Rock Hill Construction Company; The Globe Cotton Mill; Graded School; Rock Hill Cotton Factory; The Roddey Building; Savings Bank of Rock Hill; Frew’s Emporium;
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "Rock Hill History in Charleston News and Courier - Accession 1029 - M456 (507)". Finding Aid 673.