First Presbyterian Church - Accession 736 - M340 (391)
Accession 736 - M340 (391)
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
The First Presbyterian Church of Rock Hill, SC was formally organized on November 13, 1869, however it's beginning can be traced o 1855 when it began as an outpost for the Ebenezer Presbyterian Church. It was known as the Rock Hill Chapel until the petition was passed for the First Presbyterian Church to become independent in 1869.
Scope and Content Note
The First Presbyterian Church Records consist of a programs and booklets which commemorates important events relating to the First Presbyterian Church of Rock Hill, SC (1869- sf). The collection consists of three programs: one commemorates 100 years of Presbyterianism in Rock Hill, South Carolina which includes a brief history; a second program relates to the dedication of Gregg Chapel which includes a biographical sketch of Francis Whitlock Gregg, D.D. (1873-1958) who was a pastor of the church from 1913 to 1947; the third booklet commemorates the 75th Anniversary of the church.
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "First Presbyterian Church - Accession 736 - M340 (391)". Finding Aid 551.