Fennell Infirmary Records - Accession 227 - M97 (125)
Accession 227 - M97 (125)
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Dr. William Wallace Fennell (1869-1926) founded the Fennell Infirmary in 1910 and the Infirmary operated until 1935 when the Infirmary was sold to the Sisters of St. Francis. Dr. Fennell was a graduate of South Carolina Medical College in 1895 and settled in Rock Hill, SC in 1897. He is buried in Laurelwood cemetery in Rock Hill, SC.
Scope and Content Note
The Fennell Infirmary Records consist of photocopies of newspaper articles, photographs, and biographical data concerning Dr. William Wallace Fennell (1869-1926), a physician and founder of Fennell Infirmary in Rock Hill, SC. The Fennell Infirmary was started in 1910.
The Fennell Infirmary Records were given as a gift to the Archives by D. W.W. Fennell via Toni Hendrix on January 5, 1979.
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "Fennell Infirmary Records - Accession 227 - M97 (125)". Finding Aid 197.
LC Subject Headings
Fennell, W. W. (William Wallace), 1869-1926; Fennell Infirmary (Rock Hill, S.C.); Hospitals--South Carolina--Rock Hill; Physicians--South Carolina--Rock Hill; Rock Hill (S.C.)--History.