Ebenezer Presbyterian Church of Rock Hill Records - Accession 129 - M56 (71)
Accession 129 - M56 (71)
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
The Ebenezer Presbyterian Church was organized in 1785 in what was then Ebenezerville,SC, which would eventually become part of Rock Hill, SC. The church is one of the oldest in York County, SC and the cemetery's oldest marked gravestone is that of Stephen McCorkle, who died on September 22, 1790. The Ebenezer Academy which was originally associated with the church was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. Ebenezer is now a part of the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church in the Catawba Presbytery.
Scope and Content Note
The Ebenezer Presbyterian Church of Rock Hill Records consist of a history of the church written in celebration of the new building and a sermon delivered by Reverend John C. Bailey at the first church services held in the new building dated September 4, 1955.
Transferred from Vertical File of Reference Department, Dacus Library
Church History, Presbyterians, York County SC
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "Ebenezer Presbyterian Church of Rock Hill Records - Accession 129 - M56 (71)". Finding Aid 160.