Old Waxhaw Presbyterian Church Programs - Accession 85 - M36 (48)
Accession 85 - M36 (48)
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
The Old Waxhaw Presbyterian Church is located near Lancaster, SC in Lancaster County and is one of the oldest churches in the Piedmont section of South Carolina.
The church can trace it's roots to the 1750s with the first known sermon preached by Rev. John Brown in February 1753. The first "meeting house" was burned during the American Revolution and the subsequent church burned in 1802. The current church was the fourth structure and was built in 1896 with a brick veneer added in the 1940s. The church cemetery was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1975.
Scope and Content Note
The Old Waxhaw Presbyterian Church Program collection consists of programs printed to celebrate the two hundredth anniversary of Old Waxhaw Presbyterian Church in Lancaster County, South Carolina. One was produced by the First Presbyterian Church of Rock Hill, SC held on May 8, 1955 to honor the Old Waxhaw Presbyterian Church and the other was produced by the Old Waxhaw Presbyterian Church on July 24, 1955.
The Old Waxhaw Presbyterian Church Programs were donated by Louise Pettus on March 15, 1977.
Church History, Presbyterians, Lancaster County SC
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "Old Waxhaw Presbyterian Church Programs - Accession 85 - M36 (48)". Finding Aid 142.