Manuscript Collection

Files

Download

Download Finding Aid (326 KB)

Download History of the Club Market - 1936 (285 KB)

Download Market Constitution - Rules of the Market (226 KB)

Identifier

Accession 320

Inclusive Dates

1928-1964

Restrictions

Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections

Collection Size

5000 pieces, 2.50 linear feet

Language

English;

Scope and Content Note

The Marlboro County Home Demonstration Club Records consists of constitution and bylaws, surveys, market reports, correspondence, financial records, and educational material forming a view of local farm life and the improvements sought by the Home Demonstration Club. The collection is a useful source on farm living in Marlboro County from 1928 until 1964. The Home Demonstration Club Market was begun in 1921 and was most successful during the late 1930’s and early 1940’s. The Club was organized to give farm women an opportunity to provide a better family life through the development of secondary crops and markets to increase family income.

Provenance

The records of the Marlboro County Home Demonstration Club were donated to the Archives on May 9, 1980 by the Marlboro County Extension Homemakers’ Council by Ms. Louise Heriot, County Extension Agent – Associate Leader.

Copyright

For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.

Marlboro County Home Demonstration Club Records - Accession 320

Share

COinS