Cherry Park Correspondence - Accession 1558 M761 (818)
Accession 1558 - M761 (818)
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Scope and Content Note
This collection consists of photocopies of letters written between James Milton Cherry (1856-1920) and Olmstead Parks Firm in 1904 and research conducted in 1986 and 1992 that concerned the plan to create a park on the land that what would become Cherry Park in Rock Hill, SC. For decades the fifty acre lot that Mr. Cherry wanted to make a formal park was informally known as Cherry Park with many Rock Hillians and Winthrop students picnicking on the lot. It was not until September 8, 1985 that the current Cherry Park with its ball fields and recreational facilities was built in JM Cherry’s honor.
The Cherry Park Correspondence was donated to the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections on August 29, 2016 by Lee H. Thomas.
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "Cherry Park Correspondence - Accession 1558 M761 (818)". Finding Aid 1229.