Springsteen Plantation House Collection - Accession 1351 - M675 (729)
Accession 1351 - M675 (729)
Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Scope and Content Note
The Springsteen Plantation House Collection consists of photocopies and photograph copies of photographs of the house from 1948, 1950, and 1962. There are also photographs of the Springsteen lot from November 2008 and of the Laurence Farm House and the Laurence Farm tenant house from July 2009. There is also a photocopy of an article by Elizabeth Reed that was published in the Evening Herald (Rock Hill, SC) on September 9, 1948 about the house and its history. There are also a series of articles written by former Springsteen resident Joanne Pittman Hopkins in The Quarterly: A Publication of the York County Genealogical and Historical Society from March 2009 through September 2009 about the house and her recollections. The Springsteen Plantation House can trace its roots back to the mid-1800s when Richard Austin Springs, relative of the prominent Springs Family of Fort Mill, SC, built the home. This historic Rock Hill home was later razed in 1962.
Springsteen Plantation House Collection was given to the Archives by Joanne Hopkins on November 14, 2008.
For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.
Finding Aid Citation
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections, Winthrop University, "Springsteen Plantation House Collection - Accession 1351 - M675 (729)". Finding Aid 1005.