Image Approximate Date
W427.2-1 - Phelps Hall
In 1943, Senior Hall (later Known as Phelps Hall) was built. Originally housing Seniors and known as Senior Hall. It was later renamed Phelps Hall in honor of Winthrop's third president, Dr. Shelton J. Phelps who served Winthrop from 1934-1943.
This photograph is of Senior Hall still under construction in 1942.
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Information concerning copyright must be secured in writing from the Director of the Louise Pettus Archives.
Chronologies and Timelines
A Winthrop University Chronology (1823 - present)