Image Approximate Date
W427.2-1 - Joynes Hall
In 1926, construction on Joynes Hall was complete and the dormitory was open to Winthrop Students. The building is named after Edward Southey Joynes who was a charter member of the Winthrop Board of Trustees and one of the guiding forces behind Winthrop's founding in 1886.
This photograph is of Joynes Hall under construction in the mid 1920s.
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Information concerning copyright must be secured in writing from the Director of the Louise Pettus Archives.
Chronologies and Timelines
A Winthrop University Chronology (1823 - present)