Image Approximate Date
W427.2-1 - Aerial Photographs
In 1987, Twenty Buildings Constructed on Winthrop's campus from 1894 to 1943 were listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
This image is of Winthrop's front campus in 1920. The photograph was taken from the top of Winthrop Training School Building (now Withers/WTS Building). From left to right are Carnegie Library (Rutledge Hall), South Dormitory (McLaurin Hall), Main Building (Tillman Hall), North Dormitory (Maragret Nance Hall), Johnson Hall (Bancroft Hall), and Tillman Science Building.
Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections
Information concerning copyright must be secured in writing from the Director of the Louise Pettus Archives.
Chronologies and Timelines
A Winthrop University Chronology (1823 - present)