Manuscript Collection

Mount Dearborn Map - Accession 347 - M137 (173)

Title

Mount Dearborn Map - Accession 347 - M137 (173)

Files

Identifier

Accession 347 - M137 (173)

Inclusive Dates

No Date

Restrictions

Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections

Collection Size

1 piece

Language

English

Historical Note

Mount Dearborn, previously known as Rocky Mount, was the National Armory located on the Catawba River in Rocky Mount, SC from 1802-1829. Mount Dearborn was located just below the Great Falls (sometimes called Catawba Falls) on the Catawba River. After the Catawba River was dammed by Duke Electric the Great Falls no longer existed.

Scope and Content Note

The Mount Dearborn Map is a photocopy of an 1809 countour map of Mount Dearborn in Chester County, SC including Fort Dearborn. Mount Dearborn, previously known as Rocky Mount, was the National Armory located on the Catawba River in Rocky Mount, SC from 1802-1829. Mount Dearborn was located just below the Great Falls (sometimes called Catawba Falls) on the Catawba River. After the Catawba River was dammed by Duke Electric the Great Falls no longer existed.

Provenance

The Mount Dearborn Map was donated by Fred Hambright to the Archives on September 5, 1980.

Copyright

For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.

Mount Dearborn Map - Accession 347 - M137 (173)

Share

COinS