Manuscript Collection

Files

Download

Download Finding Aid (319 KB)

Identifier

Accession 191

Inclusive Dates

1934-1978

Restrictions

Open under the rules and regulations of the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections

Collection Size

1,500 pieces, 0.75 linear feet

Language

English

Historical Note

The Church Women United In Columbia was founded in 1915 as the Women’s Interdenominational Missionary Union whose purpose was to work for the betterment of social and economic conditions in the city of Columbia, South Carolina.

Scope and Content Note

The Church Women United In Columbia was founded in 1915 as the Women’s Interdenominational Missionary Union whose purpose was to work for the betterment of social and economic conditions in the city of Columbia, South Carolina. The collection consists of constitutions, bylaws, minutes, correspondence, reports, financial records, newsletters, newspaper clippings, lists, and other records relating to the history and civic activities of the organization.

Provenance

The records of the Church Women United in Columbia were received by the Winthrop Archives on May 19, 1978 from Mrs. George W. Johnson, president of the club.

Copyright

For information concerning copyright please contact the Louise Pettus Archives and Special Collections at Winthrop University.

Church Women United in Columbia Records - Accession 191

Share

COinS